Requirements for Bridge Nominees
OneCompassion is an equal opportunity need provider. OneCompassion considers applicants without regard to race, religious preference, gender, handicap, familial status or national origin. The nomination process consists of completion of the nomination form. OneCompassion’s acceptance guidelines are based on consideration of the following criteria:
Need for Help
The nominator(s) must demonstrate that the nominee’s current situation has one or more of the following characteristics:
- Unsafe or very poor conditions or located in a particularly unsafe area
- Rent, or contribution currently paid towards rent, exceeds 35% of net income
- Other facts demonstrating a need for the type of necessary accommodation OneCompassion can provide
- Continuous effort to build their bridge as far as they can considering their resources
- Local connection to Johnston County and/or is located in a 30 mile radius of Clayton, NC
- Align with OneCompassion’s mission to impact and develop people
Applicants will not be approved if they:
- Present a conflict of interest
- Are nominated by a direct family member (spouse or son/daughter)
- There is no evidence that they are continuously working towards their goal
Eligible applicants are not disqualified because they may qualify for another subsidy program, governmental or charitable, or tax deferral.
Direct Recipient Receipt
- While the nominee can be anyone in need, the direct recipient of financial, material, or in-kind donations must be able to sign a receipt of receiving the donation
Willingness to Partner with OneCompassion
- Nominee must complete at least 40 hours of sweat equity towards the OneCompassion mission, working at least 10 hours per month
OneCompassion is an equal opportunity need provider. OneCompassion considers applicants without regard to race, religious preference, gender, handicap, familial status or national origin.
OneCompassion reserves the right to waive or alter any of the foregoing criteria based upon the unique situation of the applicant.