As OneCompassion Reading Specialist, you will be a 12 month employee who advances the mission of OneCompassion: to glorify God by impacting and developing people.
You will impact Cooper Academy by providing intensive reading instruction with no more than four students at a time. Also, you will help build relationships in the community and develop OneCompassion initiatives, including but not limited to: problem solving for community needs, volunteer and mentorship coordination, and Cooper Academy summer program coordination.
Year at a Glance
- Fully integrate into both Cooper Academy and OneCompassion staff and culture
- Teach kids to read through an intensive reading curriculum
- Inspire students to read and learn and report further opportunities for OneCompassion to meet needs
- Analyze school literacy data and plan for future literacy needs
- Develop and advance OneCompassion initiatives in the community
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum: N.C. Certified in Elementary Education K-6
- Informed and/or willing to adopt the Wilson reading curriculum
- Passionate about building relationships and helping in the community
- Enjoys building structure and organization for initiatives.
- Flexible when shifting between OneCompassions and Cooper Academy assignments
- Preferred: Master's in reading/curriculum development
For Full-Time Employees
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Contribution Matching
- Family Culture
- Company Outings
- Casual Dress
- Free Lunch
- Free Coffee
- Free Snacks
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your resume, paint us a picture of who you are and why you'd be a good fit for OneCompassion. We'd also like to hear why you'd like to work for us. Applicants who fail to adhere to these instructions will not be considered.